|Infrastructure, Energy, Telecommunications Finance
Investment Banking houses a dedicated Infrastructure, Energy, Telecommunications Finance team, focusing on power, oil, gas, petrochemicals and biofuels.
The team serves as the sectoral specialist on behalf of all of Nedbank’s various divisions. As such, it is the Industry’s entry point to all of Nedbank’s product offerings, co-opting required skills from other departments within Nedbank to provide a comprehensive service to the client.
The Nedbank Energy Project Finance team focuses primarily on limited recourse debt financing but will, where circumstances require, structure, arrange and/or provide equity funding, as well as provide financial advisory services. The department’s scope also includes the funding of Black Economic Empowerment transactions where these are bankable on a project finance basis.
Electricity project finance includes all activities associated with:
Oil, Gas and Petrochemicals
- Power generation including conventional coal, liquid fuel, gas and hydroelectric power stations. Renewable electricity generation projects will also be considered
- Transmission infrastructure from the point of generation to the municipal regional electricity distributors.
Oil and gas project finance includes all activities associated with:
- Upstream infrastructure subsequent to the certification of proven P90 natural gas and oil reserves. All exploration activities are excluded with finance being restricted to platform development, production and associated bulk transport infrastructure such as pipelines.
- Downstream infrastructure to process crude oil and natural gas such as liquefied natural gas plants, oil and gas refineries, bulk transportation, distribution of refined products and petrochemicals production.
Biofuels project finance includes all activities associated with:
For enquiries, please contact:
- Infrastructure required for bioethanol and biodiesel production and distribution to market.
||+44 (0) 207 002 3530